Nov 1, 2012

GNW Marathon: Best of SNES

The Gamers Northwest are putting on another marathon coming up in December! In case you missed our last one (and when I say "our" I mean I ate chips and talked to the stream while everyone else played), we did a full run of (nearly) all the Resident Evil games and finished up with the latest installment, Resident Evil 6! Get all the info on that at the GNW blog and the Twitch Archives.

Now for our next trick, we will (all, including me) be playing classic Super Nintendo Entertainment System games - we're calling it the Best of SNES. The marathon will begin December 28th and wrap up nicely on the 30th, just in time to welcome in 2013.


I'm pretty excited about this marathon: for one reason, it's going to be really fun; and another, it's a good excuse to get in some gamerLove crafting and art! I'm planning on making crochet toys, painted glass, and fan art paintings, a little something for each game.

Here's our line up so far, including who's playing what:

  • Super Mario World (Jen & Aaron)
  • Zelda: Link to the Past (Tami & Matt)
  • Super Castlevania (Ian)
  • Joe & Mack (Jen & Aaron)
  • Contra 3 (Matt and Aaron)
  • Super Star Wars (Tim)
  • Turtles in Time (Aaron, Ian, Matt, Tami, Jen, Caleb)
  • Super Double Dragon (Matt & Ian)
  • Starfox (Caleb)
  • Super Mario All Stars (Tim & Caleb)
  • Mega Man X (Aaron)
  • Super Metroid (Matt)
  • Donkey Kong Country 1 (Tami & Ian)
  • Mega Man X2 (Caleb)
  • Chrono Trigger (Jen & Tami)
  • Yoshi's Island (Ian and Tami)
  • Donkey Kong Country 2 (Caleb & Jen <3)
And here's a dim photo of my notebook with all the things I want to make as prizes for the marathon.


Keep an eye out for more updates about the marathon, watch us stream our practice runs (and if it's me, get my butt kicked by a game wee children can bust through no problem), and watch out for some of my project patterns and plans!

<3
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment